Saturday, February 04, 2006

The New Digs

Yes, if you have been here before you can clearly see that I am making some changes. There are several reasons for this, the ones that come to mind quickest are:

1) I thought "Taming the Tongue" was a good name for my blog, and in retrospect, it was part of why I started blogging in the first place. But let's face it, I have hardly tamed much of anything in the last year or so.

2) My tag line was "Out of the Abundance of the Heart the Mouth Speaks" - and again, let's face it - rarely does the overflow of my heart ever make it onto these virtual pages. It's mostly banal trappings of hardly cogent thought that usually come to me on a whim... I never post about personal things, so my heart is pretty much left out. It's false advertising.

3) I kept getting visitors that were searching google for Bible Studies on taming the Tongue ala James 3 - and as much as I enjoy the extra traffic, it's just not fair to mislead those people into coming here and finding the nothing remotely close to what they are looking for.

That's basically it. I know I didn't have to change it, but I felt the need to shake things up a bit. Besides, the new name is more true to what this blog and most other blogs are all about: the inquenchable need for us to make others suffer through our mind vomit. Ultimately it's really all about ourselves. To quote Carl Trueman we have all "confused the right to speak with the right to be heard". I am not above this.

So from now on it's "Gregology" - a name I would have never come up with on my own, but a friend at WTS always refers to me by this moniker. I thought it was fitting for what this is really all about. It also lowers the standards of expectation for those visiting who do not know me and are drawn in by my former false advertising.

I'm up for other suggestions though, so feel free to leave some.

I also started looking at some different templates... but I don't think I'm ready for that kind of commitment.

No comments: