Tuesday, July 08, 2008

OK, This May Be a Little Selfish...

But is anyone else discouraged by the fact that the majority of Reformed Christian Conferences worth going to are always held in middle America or some other far away place?

PCRT is held in Philadelphia, and that's great. But there are all these other great gatherings I'd love to go to, Like New Attitude, Together for the Gospel, Resolved, Desiring God and the most recently announced (as far as I know) The Gospel Coalition...

I would have loved to go to any one of these, but they are all so far away that the travel makes it impossible. The church could never afford to send me, and I surely could not afford to send myself... I suppose I will have to be content with downloading the audio after the fact. At least it's free! For that I truly am thankful.

But I think these conferences should do what our GA does, and rotate the location every year. That way more people who want to go are able to at least every few years. That would be great. Not to confuse a conference with the Church - it is not the same... but that's an entirely different post for another day.

2 comments:

Molly said...

The Peacemaker Conference rotates around the country :) We'll be in DC, I think, in 2010.

Greg said...

Excellent! I will be on the lookout.