Friday, June 26, 2009

I-Pod alert: Listen to this...

I have been preaching on suffering and God's sovereignty (as an overarching theme) in that last half of Romans 8 for what seems like a year now... It's been some of the most helpful study I've done (for me, I mean) thus far in my short time in the ministry. 

But I just listened to one of if not the best sermon I've ever heard on the subject of suffering and God's sovereignty, and I wanted to share it with anyone who will hear it:

All the Good that Is Ours in Christ: Seeing God's Gracious Hand in the Hurts Others Do to Us

It is a sermon by Mark Talbot that was preached at the 2005 Desiring God National Conference.  Talbot is returning to the conference this year, and this sermon is being linked on a lot of reformed blogs out there.

Be warned:  This is not for the faint of heart.  It will challenge you intellectually and spiritually.  (It's also pretty long at 1:16ish) So gird up the loins of your mind and strap this one into your ipod and be stretched, and be edified.

No comments: