Saturday, May 08, 2010

A Contemporvant Service

This from JTs blog at the gospel coalition:


"Sunday's Coming" Movie Trailer from North Point Media on Vimeo.


There are so many obvious pokes at real people in this video that make it even funnier than it is intended to be (I think). I hope they have a sense of humor.
Beyond that however, it's kind of sad that this phenomenon is so prevalent and so popular that it can satire itself in the same way that this movie genre does and arguably do a better job...

I've never been in that church. But I know me, and I ought not ever be in that church.
But I'll post some of their you tube videos. ;-)

2 comments:

Scott Pearce said...

I don't know what the intent of the creators' is, but this is well done in that it isn't much more than just observational. From the outside looking in (having visited a few "rock show" worship experience-heavy services in the past year), this seems accurate to what the 'Contemporvant' genre is all about.

Scott Pearce said...

Upon second watch, there were a few things that I can't call "accurate" because I've never seen them: a local congregation selling their own CD, tracking offerings, and the "one man with all the answers."